Toposim Forums Forums Support, Development & Feedback Installation FSX Steam Edition to P3D

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AeroRamer 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

reinohvp
    Participant

Greetings.

I would like to know if it’s possible to install a Toposim bought in Steam into Prepar3D.

Thanks.

Hi

I don’t think you can directly, but you should be able to aim the P3D Scenery Library to where the Steam-obtained files are located.

Thanks

Justin

reinohvp
    Participant

I tried to copy the downloaded folder from Steam (the one ubicated into DLC) and then paste and add manually into p3D, but when i load the scenery, it crash.

I will deal with your advice, thanks.

Hello,

No, you don’t and shouldn’t copy the folder anywhere. Just open P3D and go to the World menu, Scenery Library, click Add Area, and browse to that same folder you tried to copy and paste (don’t include the \scenery subfolder in the path – it is implied). When you click OK after adding that path to Scenery Library you should see a dialog box “Building database for new scenery files . . .”

That should do it. Let me know how it goes.

Justin

reinohvp
    Participant

Hi again, I tried that but when is building the scenery database it crash. 🙁

Hello,

Which Toposim product(s) are we talking about?

Justin

reinohvp
    Participant

Toposim Mexico.

Sorry for late answer.

AeroRamer
    Participant

HJust open P3D and go to the World menu, Scenery Library, click Add Area, and browse. . .Justin

Justin: In my P3Dv4 I do not see an option to click to add an area. See pic of my setting window.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

AeroRamer
    Participant

HJust open P3D and go to the World menu, Scenery Library, click Add Area, and browse. . .Justin

Justin: In my P3Dv4 I do not see an option to click to add an area. See pic of my setting window.

NVM. Found it after a little thinking in the actual flight mode on the top menu under World/Scenery Library. I was trying to get to it from the Scenario window at P3D start.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.