Toposim Forums Forums Support, Development & Feedback Usability Installation of FS Addon Tongass Fjords

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin – Toposim 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tom
    Participant

Hello Justin, I have all your great mesh products. I have a quick question regarding your North American Mesh. I have installed Tongass Fjords X into P3Dv4.4 and the install went well (to the best of my knowlede). I have an elevation problem with the Airports included in TFX. I have posted in the “Return to Misty Moorings” Forums and a senior member there suggested, “The Tongass x software doesn’t need any additional mesh because everything ist already included in the software. If you have an additional mesh active, try to deactivate the North America part of it.” I am going to test this by disabling the North American Mesh. But, I do not want to disable the North American mesh just for the sake of using Tongass X. Are there certain files I can disable for just that region? Just wondering what you think.

Best Regards,
    Tom Stewart

Tom
    Participant

Further, I see in the North American folder there are eg. *.bgl’s for Alaska. would I have to disable all of them or certain individual .bgl’s? Can you advise on that? I see the following:

Two files: Alaska_Panhandle LOD9-11 and LOD12-13
    Two files: Alaska_Southeast LOD9-11 and LOD12-13
    Two files: Alaska_Southeast LOD9-11 and LOD12-13
    one File: Alaska_Southwest LOD9-11
    one files: Alaska_Western LOD9-11
    one files: Canada_British Columbia LOD9-11

Again, Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Tom Stewart

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Tom.

Hi Tom,

In your Downloads you should find UltraMesh Alaska. Download and install that. The UltraMesh Alaska takes the ORBX AK and TONGASS products into account. Once installed, you can rename the file

TOPOSIM_DEM_LIDAR_Alaska_Panhandle_TONGASS_LOD10-14.BGL to have a BGX extension. That should solve the problem.

Let me know if you have further questions or issues.

Thanks

Justin

Tom
    Participant

Justin, Thanks so much for the quick response. Not sure I understand the part about renaming. Do you mean I simply install then go in and rename the extention for TOPOSIM_DEM_LIDAR_Alaska_Panhandle_TONGASS_LOD10-14 to .bgx.

Thanks again.
    Tom

Tom
    Participant

I followed the installation notes and they were very helpful. Everything looks normal now except for one anomaly, that being the markings (lines and numbers) on runways are partially white, but mostly black. I did the .bgx ext. for UPGRADE FROM TOPOSIM CONTINENTS ALASKA:
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_NorthAmerica_Alaska_Arctic_LOD12-13.bgl
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_NorthAmerica_Alaska_Panhandle_LOD12-13.bgl
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_NorthAmerica_Alaska_Interior_LOD12-13.bgl
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_NorthAmerica_Alaska_Southeast_LOD12-13.bgl
    AND ORBX COMPATIBILITY:
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_LIDAR_Alaska_Panhandle_ORBXPF_LOD10-14.bgl to .bgx
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_LIDAR_Alaska_Panhandle_TONGASS_LOD10-14.bgl to .bgx
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_LIDAR_Alaska_Panhandle_ORBXSAK_LOD10-14.bgl to .bgx
    —-TOPOSIM_DEM_LIDAR_Alaska_Southeast_ORBXSAK_LOD10-13.bgl to .bgx
    I have ORBX PNW and Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords installed. Should I only apply the above to Tongass only?
    Thanks again,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay. Got lost in the holidays 🙂

ORBX PNW and Ultramesh Alaska don’t have any overlap, but Southern AK and Pacific Fjords do, so you would rename the ORBXPF and ORBXSAK files to have a BGX extention.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Justin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.