Toposim Forums Forums Support, Development & Feedback Service Any New Ultramesh coming soon?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Walter Byrne
    Participant

I eagerly await a new State being completed in Ultramesh. It has been at 16 for a while now. Last one, I think, was in February 2020. I would hate to think that MSFS is being considered a higher priority than P3D.

I understand that the dreaded COVID might be causing some delay, but please let us know…

Thanks

Walter

Hi Walter

I’ve been on a 2-3 month hiatus helping a local non-profit get through the holidays and just now getting ramped up again in anticipation of an updated SDK to allow us to convert our proprietary digital elevation model to CGL files for MSFS.

That said, We’ve not abandoned P3D, as the source data is the same for whichever platform it is compiled. The problem is finding the raw source data, some of it hanging out in dark corners of government and academic clouds. There are several partial states available, but finding complete source data has been a challenge.

I’ve not made a recent search for raw data for several UltraMesh products in the pipeline, but now that l’m ramping up again, expect more UltraMesh products for both P3D and MSFS if I find recently-released new data.

In other words, we’re still here, and expect to be for a long time to come. We’ve just stepped back for a few weeks to focus on a local charity effort through the holidays.

Thanks

Justin

Walter Byrne
    Participant

Justin,

glad to hear it.

Thanks,

Walter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.