Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jamesmac
    Participant

I have FSGenesis, North America, Canada installed. Do I need to remove these before installing the newer Toposim products?? Thank you.

HI James

Yes. FSGenesis has been obsoleted by Toposim.

Thanks

Justin

jamesmac
    Participant

Ok thank you for your quick response. So Toposim doesn’t overwrite FSGenesis then? And also are the bundles as detailed as the individual areas, Tennessee, and so on. I’m still using FSX and simfly in the US and Canada + Alaska only. Do I need to remove Toposim and FSGenesis too and re-install Toposim as well? Thank you again.

No, the old FSG files wont be overwritten because the file names are different. And if I recall, you’ll either have to run the uninstaller or manually delete the FSG_DEM*.bgl files.

The Toposim Comtinents products are 19m worldwide with 10m coverage in the US, Mexico, and New Zealand.

The Toposim UltraMesh products are 5m in Alaska, and 2m for the other states.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks

Justin

jamesmac
    Participant

Ok, FSGenesis all delete, cleaned out. Bought 3 regional bundles, but not sure how to install them into FSX. Yes, I watched the videos, read the forums, but not sure if they installed or not, and if they were added or not. The videos seem to deal with p3d– whatever. I do not see them showing up, and can’t tell the difference from stock mesh. Sorry to be a pain here, but instructions for me seem a little vague at the moment. Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

James.

PS: I’m an old man, so maybe—–well??

Hi James

Sorry for the delay.  Simple choose a place on your hard drive to store the Toposim folder and extract all zip files to that same location.

For Instance, you could simply extract the zip files to your C: drive. Then open File Explorer and browse to that folder and you can see the folder structure, which is consistent across all product lines. The chosen location really doesn’t matter as long as FSX/P3D knows where to find them.

Once in FSX/P3D go to Scenery Library and add the Toposim folder location to Scenery Library as seen in the Step 2 video.  Once that is completed the products are installed.

If you have further questions or issues let me know.

Thanks

Justin

jamesmac
    Participant

Ok, so far so good, I think. What about when it asks to keep both files or overwrite? Does the overwrite cancel out an area already there, (Toposim) ?? Thank you again for your time and patience.

James.

HI James

Usually go ahead and overwrite, for instance as in the case of product updates.

Thanks

Justin

jamesmac
    Participant

Ok, my problem is this: I see the toposim north america folder in the fsx scenery library. On top. I have 4 regional bundles installed, I Think), but during the installation, it will ask me if I want to keep both files, or overwrite, not sure if I need to do that or not. Not updates as far as I know, just installing the bundles. Again, fsx, north america only, no orbx installed at this time. Mostly native fsx except for rex wx, radar contact, a few airports. Hope this explains it a little better.

Hi James

There may be several regions in one Continent, all having the same folder structure.  Since the BGL files are organized into eight main continental folders, and all BGLs covering countries/states/provinces in that continent go into the same scenery subfolder, if you install all of them to a consistent location (i.e., C:\TOPOSIM), you’ll only have to make one Scenery Library entry per continent.

For instance, say you extracted the Canada Cordillera Region Bundle and properly added the C:\TOPOSIM\Continents\NorthAmerica\ folder to Scenery Library.  Then when you install the Canada Interior Plains Region Bundle you won’t have to make another Scenery Library entry because the NorthAmerica\scenery folder already exists and both product’s files have been extracted to it.  Same with any other region, state or province in North America — they all will end up in the same scenery subfolder, so you only need to make one Scenery Library entry.

I’ll be making another video soon concerning the TOPOSIM folder structure.  There’s a method to the madness lol.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Justin

jamesmac
    Participant

Ok Justin. I seem to have everything sorted out now. All installed. What a difference! Very impressed. Thank you for all your help. Will we be notified of any future updates if needed? Thank you again.

James.

Hi James

You’re welcome!

If you signed up for the mailing list at checkout (there was a checkbox to receive notifications), then you’ll get our update notifications, new product notifications, as well as sales, promotions, and announcements, usually every few days or every couple of weeks . . .

Glad we got it sorted and enjoy!

Thanks

Justin

jamesmac
    Participant

Ok, all is working well, except all airports so far are on a plateau. Is there a tool to correct this? I know everybody’s dumping on fsx now and I’m sure it will be left in the dust, but any corrections would be appreciated. No I don’t have any orbx stuff or any other airport addons. Mostly stock fsx with utx addons, rex skyforce, edit voicepack and that’s about it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.