Toposim Forums Forums Intro to Toposim Pre-Sales Questions Planet Earth Bundle and Alaska Ultramesh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ryanrbiggs
    Participant

Hi Justin,

With your great sale this weekend I decided to pick up the Planet Earth Bundle, as well as the UltraMesh Alaska. Thinking that the UltraMesh products are separate from the bundle, I purchased both.

But on my downloads page I now see UltraMesh Alaska listed both as a Planet Earth bundle item and separately. Is the Alaska UltraMesh actually included in the Planet Earth bundle, so that I paid for it twice?

Best Regards,
    Ryan

HI Ryan,

Yes, it appears you did. UltraMesh Alaska is the one product that crosses over the product lines.

I’ll replace Alaska with the UltraMesh product of your choice. Which one would you like?

Thanks

Justin

ryanrbiggs
    Participant

Thanks Justin,

Well shoot, wish I had known that. You should note the inclusion of the AK UltraMesh in the Planet Earth Bundle description since that really makes the bundle an exceptional value, especially since Alaska is the highest valued of the UltraMesh products!

My simming interests tend more toward the western states, so the other current UltraMesh products don’t really jump out at me. But I suppose the Kentucky mesh might the most compelling of those. I saw in a different post that you’re planning to release a Virginia UltraMesh — that one would be interesting to check out if it happens to be about to be released any day from now.

As a bit of a tangent, are you planning to produce UltraMesh products in the future for any Western states and/or international locations? I’d definitely be excited about Mountain West meshes but suspect those may be a bit more challenging in terms of available data.

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Well, Virginia is not imminent. Still waiting for some data for the SW portion, but for some reason much of the VA data has disappeared. Maybe they’re moving or reorganizing things, but what bwas there a few weeks ago is no longer there.

And yes, I plan on many UltraMesh products but there seems to be much territory that is still in the processing stage, especially in the west. I could turn the raw data clouds into digital terrain models, but the software cost is a bit beyond my reach at the moment.

That said, I’m always looking for new data sources and when found can turn the product around relatively quickly one downloaded. These LiDAR data sources are HUGE, though, so downloading is no insignificant task.

So, for now, I’ll add Kentucky to your downloads. Though not spectacular, there is some interesting terrain, especially if you like low-and-slow.

Thanks

Justin

ryanrbiggs
    Participant

I suppose I’ll have to dream up a reason to explore the area, I’m getting a few ideas looking at the map.

Thanks again for the info, I’ll be keeping an eye out for those new UltraMeshes down the road!

Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.