Toposim Forums Forums Support, Development & Feedback Suggestions Superstition Mountains

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    penzoil3
    Participant

Justin, there used to be, on FS Genesis, an incredible mesh add on for the Superstition mountains. It was for FS 2002. Was that ever updated to an FSX installer ? It was the best my Superstition Mountains ever looked !
    Thanks
    Sue

Hi Sue,

There is no specific Superstition Mountains product, but the Superstition Mountains are included in Arizona . . .

Toposim Distribution Center

Hope this helps

Justin

penzoil3
    Participant

This one-

The Superstition Mountains 38m Terrain

by Justin Tyme/FSGenesis

This package consists of 38.2m (LOD=10) terrain covering 440 LOD=10 quadrants in the Superstition Mountains of eastern Arizona. Among the many spectacular locations included in the coverage area are the Salt River Canyon, Four Peaks, and Roosevelt Lake.

These files were compiled from 30m Digital Elevation Models obtained from The USGS National Elevation Dataset, EROS Data Center, Sioux Falls, SD. The DEM was verified using Manifold 5 and exported to ESRI .bil format. It was then resampled to 38.2m (LOD=10) using the Microsoft FS200x Terrain SDK.

Thanks and Acknowledgment is made to these organizations for the data and tools.

Justin Tyme
    FSGenesis
    February 19, 2002
    http://www.fsgenesis.com

Hi Sue,

I probably have that 15-year old product buried somewhere deep in the archives, but it wouldn’t add any detail to the default FSX terrain, which is already 38m resolution.

The current Arizona product from Toposim Continents product line is 10m, 4X more detail than the old, old, old, obsoleted FSG Superstition Mountains product.

I’d recommend downloading and installing the current Toposim Arizona and if you liked the old Superstition mountains, you should like the new Superstition Mountains 4 times more. 🙂

Thanks

Justin

penzoil3
    Participant

OK, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.